Kitten Woods...
Just tried to play golf for the first time last Saturday.
Anyone who tells you that game is easy is lying. Its down right haaaaard.
*disclaimer* Remember to always stretch before any sport *end disclaimer*
First off, you have to get the right posture. Posture is everything here. It can make or break your swing.
Keep your feet as wide as your shoulders, with the ball in between your feet, approximately 1/2 a foot in front. Grip the base of your club with your left hand, with the right hand above it (dont forget to place your right pinky over your left pointing finger...why this is I have no idea...). Keep your left elbow straight and your right arm relaxed. Swing the club back keeping your posture correct, elbow straight, using your whole waist as a pivot, then swing with all your might.
And miss the ball.
A poor start but now I know that it's a tough (and tiring) sport. It requires immense concentration if you're an amateur like me but I guess once your body remembers the movements it should come much easier. I remember watching this Korean girl beside me and she had a beautiful back-swing. Course, she still hit bad balls from time to time but you could tell she's been playing for at least a few months already. I didn't even play for real and just practiced swinging and driving but I was already exhausted after 2 hours. It's tedious, it's embarassing when you see children 1/2 your age doing better than you, but its actually a fun sport once you get the hang of it.
Now I have a new sport to try out. If I plan to rub elbows with the rich and not so famous, I'd better start learning how to play golf soon.
Now to find the pain killers....
Anyone who tells you that game is easy is lying. Its down right haaaaard.
*disclaimer* Remember to always stretch before any sport *end disclaimer*
First off, you have to get the right posture. Posture is everything here. It can make or break your swing.
Keep your feet as wide as your shoulders, with the ball in between your feet, approximately 1/2 a foot in front. Grip the base of your club with your left hand, with the right hand above it (dont forget to place your right pinky over your left pointing finger...why this is I have no idea...). Keep your left elbow straight and your right arm relaxed. Swing the club back keeping your posture correct, elbow straight, using your whole waist as a pivot, then swing with all your might.
And miss the ball.
A poor start but now I know that it's a tough (and tiring) sport. It requires immense concentration if you're an amateur like me but I guess once your body remembers the movements it should come much easier. I remember watching this Korean girl beside me and she had a beautiful back-swing. Course, she still hit bad balls from time to time but you could tell she's been playing for at least a few months already. I didn't even play for real and just practiced swinging and driving but I was already exhausted after 2 hours. It's tedious, it's embarassing when you see children 1/2 your age doing better than you, but its actually a fun sport once you get the hang of it.
Now I have a new sport to try out. If I plan to rub elbows with the rich and not so famous, I'd better start learning how to play golf soon.
Now to find the pain killers....
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home