Thursday, August 12, 2004

Poor boy walking...

Good grief. It's so irritating that I'm not going to be getting my salary this week. Just so you guys who are reading this have an idea, here's how it went.

July 14. HR tells me that I'll be receiving my salary on July 20 instead due to procedures. Ok, I accept their reasoning. I'm also informed that my salary for July 31 will not be given due to the same procedures but will be credited in August.

Ok. Still acceptable. So I wait paitently for August 15 to await both my Aug. 1/2 month salary plus the missing 1/2 salary from July. I call Aug. 10 and what does HR tell me? Its not freakin' gonna be given!

I mean, ok, maybe I misunderstood them, so I ask again. They say that since they only compute salary once a month, they'll take whatever amount I'm due for the month and then divide it by 2. So in effect, I'll only get my full July salary on Aug. 30.

Now that is just plain delaying of salary. I mean, even the law clearly states that a company CANNOT delay the salary of an employee for any reason whatsoever. Even if they say "oh but you'll be getting it anyway by the end of the month", the fact is that I won't be getting the whole amount. Who here wouldn't complain if they didn't get their salary? We all have bills to pay, daily expenses, gimmicks, I mean, other "stuff" which we need the money for. And what again is their reasoning? "Procedure".

Another thing, I also was expecting the reimbursement which I made last June and what do they tell me? First they forgot to credit it to my Aug. payroll and then say that even then it would also fall under the "1/2 now, 1/2 later" policy. More "policies".

Thankfully I always make sure I have money at home so I'll be able to survive those weeks without my salary.

ArgH!!!!

I hate my company's policies.

4 Comments:

Blogger E. S. de Montemayor said...

that's criminal. i hate it when they do that. you should remind them that what they're doing is agains the law.

1:31 PM  
Blogger jactinglim said...

I could only dream. I work in CSB on a 1 1/2 month contract and I won't be seeing any salatry until long after it ends in Aug 31! And I had to take half a day off to GET MY TIN instead of them arranging it for me. and guess what? THEY DEDUCTED it from the meager salary i won't be getting anyway until after 2 months or so >:(

1:10 AM  
Blogger the_artist said...

That is so wrong, Jac. I feel for you. I didn't know they had even worse work ethics than my company. :p Hey, if you don't mind programming, you could apply here. Hehehe.

12:05 PM  
Blogger jactinglim said...

I'd love to. I need a new job next month but I'm an artist, not a programmer LOL Thanks anyway!

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home