Rain drops keep fallin' on my head...
Yesterday turned out to be the worst rainy day of the year. In a span of 6 hours, more rain fell than the whole month of May.
Now that was a lot of water. I mean, you had people wading in waist deep waters, school and offices closed, generally a lot of swearing for most people.
To give a better perspective of how deep the water was, there were a couple of people in Espana street that were using their Jet skis to get around. All that water in the streets reminded me of Venice. I feel sorry for all the people who were in low-lying areas. Must have been hell trying to get back home, moreso trying to keep the water out of the houses.
On a lighter note, I was able to see something sooooo cool (at least IMHO seemed cool :p ) that I don't know when I'll experience it again. Anyway, I was driving home from work but it wasn't raining strangely enough. As soon as I got into the village, I suddenly experienced a huge downpour...on the opposite lane. I mean, how freaky (in a cool sort of way) is that? On my side of the road, it was dry. Just 2 metres away, its was raining cats and dogs. If it wasn't for the fact that I was driving I'd probably have stopped right there and just...well...played jumping back and forth between the 2 areas.
I'm wet. I'm not wet. I'm wet. I'm not wet. Ahh, simple joys. :p
I love it when it rains. It feels soo good when you just stand there, like its washing away all the filth and grime todays world just seems to dump on you. I even wish sometimes that it would rain more often (except that when it rains it floods, and causes traffic, and I'm pretty sure it's acid rain thats falling...)
'nuff said.
Now that was a lot of water. I mean, you had people wading in waist deep waters, school and offices closed, generally a lot of swearing for most people.
To give a better perspective of how deep the water was, there were a couple of people in Espana street that were using their Jet skis to get around. All that water in the streets reminded me of Venice. I feel sorry for all the people who were in low-lying areas. Must have been hell trying to get back home, moreso trying to keep the water out of the houses.
On a lighter note, I was able to see something sooooo cool (at least IMHO seemed cool :p ) that I don't know when I'll experience it again. Anyway, I was driving home from work but it wasn't raining strangely enough. As soon as I got into the village, I suddenly experienced a huge downpour...on the opposite lane. I mean, how freaky (in a cool sort of way) is that? On my side of the road, it was dry. Just 2 metres away, its was raining cats and dogs. If it wasn't for the fact that I was driving I'd probably have stopped right there and just...well...played jumping back and forth between the 2 areas.
I'm wet. I'm not wet. I'm wet. I'm not wet. Ahh, simple joys. :p
I love it when it rains. It feels soo good when you just stand there, like its washing away all the filth and grime todays world just seems to dump on you. I even wish sometimes that it would rain more often (except that when it rains it floods, and causes traffic, and I'm pretty sure it's acid rain thats falling...)
'nuff said.
1 Comments:
Jetskis?! Seriously?
Post a Comment
<< Home