At what price...
They had been through so much. His love had given birth to their son, but due to things beyond his control, she had lost her life after the birth and his son taken away. Now, years later he met his son only to find that he was all grown up now. He had lived a life without him as his father.
While things were rocky to begin with, he had tried to make things work with his son. Had tried to be the father he never was. But things would not allow it to pass. Trials upon trials pushed father and son farther and farther apart, even as he tried to bring his son closer.
Finally things reached a boling point. They had been happy, yet they destroyed that happiness. It had seemed the right thing to do but at what cost? His son was lost to him forever, but he still loved him. He could no longer reach out to the boy.
As a final act of desparation and love, he performed the ultimate sacrifice. He set his son free from the path given to him; he had given him his life back. Looking now at his son, happy and carefree, and away from him, he hoped this was the right choice.
------------------------
Which is how I viewed last night's episode of 'Angel'. Quite touching, really. Now I HAVE to collect all those seasons, no matter how many DVDs I have to find to get them. Muwahahaha...*ahem*...I mean, hehehe.
Good grief I'm too tired to actually post anything that makes sense.
------------------------
On a sad note, I'd like to send my condolences to the parents of all the children who died in last weekend's hostage situation in Russia. While I do agree with extreme measures when needed, nothing justifies attacking women, children and civilians.
While things were rocky to begin with, he had tried to make things work with his son. Had tried to be the father he never was. But things would not allow it to pass. Trials upon trials pushed father and son farther and farther apart, even as he tried to bring his son closer.
Finally things reached a boling point. They had been happy, yet they destroyed that happiness. It had seemed the right thing to do but at what cost? His son was lost to him forever, but he still loved him. He could no longer reach out to the boy.
As a final act of desparation and love, he performed the ultimate sacrifice. He set his son free from the path given to him; he had given him his life back. Looking now at his son, happy and carefree, and away from him, he hoped this was the right choice.
------------------------
Which is how I viewed last night's episode of 'Angel'. Quite touching, really. Now I HAVE to collect all those seasons, no matter how many DVDs I have to find to get them. Muwahahaha...*ahem*...I mean, hehehe.
Good grief I'm too tired to actually post anything that makes sense.
------------------------
On a sad note, I'd like to send my condolences to the parents of all the children who died in last weekend's hostage situation in Russia. While I do agree with extreme measures when needed, nothing justifies attacking women, children and civilians.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home