Thursday, September 02, 2004

G33k sp34k...and other things I thought about...

Anyone want to be a model?

- I came across this entry while doing some job hunting. Apparently someone is looking for a model with these"qualifications":

Education: Not applicable, Not required
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Not required, Not applicable
Experience: No experience
Languages: Speak English, Read English, Write English
Type of Performer: Model, Exotic dancer, Thrill performer
Performance Setting: Private functions, Sales and marketing promotion, Special events, Photo shoot, Television commercial, Film and video commercial, Radio commercial, Night or stage clubs, Media production and recording studio.

Anyone up for it? :p The funny thing is, I actually know a few people who ARE qualified.

Sex sells.

- Even in video games this is very true. There have been quite a few games released now which have strong female characters albeit scantily clad or wearing skin tight outfits (not that I'm complaining :p) While still mainly targeted at a mostly male audience, its nice to see strong female personas making their way into the gaming light.

Google sells as well, apparently

- Google, known for its popular search engine, has now gone IPO. So instead of having 500 mill USD in captial, they now have about 2 Billion USD to burn. Can I be adopted?


Toys for big boys.

- Recently a friend of mine who's into model kits (specifically Gundam kits) won 10K pesos and an trophy. Hmmm. Wonder if its too late to learn...?


Those funny (south) Koreans

- Reading a magazine a few days ago, I came across a small blurb. Apparently there was an incident with a parking attendant in a car park over in Seoul. The name of the attendant in question? 'Park'. Similarly, there was one town which had the lowest voter turnout. The name of the town? 'Nowon'.

Chinese Junk food.

- Something new for those people visiting China. Apparently they've started making potato chips with unique 'Chinese' flavor. One of which is lemon potato chips. I'll hold off judgement till I *shudder* taste them.

Debug is your friend

- I can't enumerate how many times using debug allowed me to find that one ittie bittie piece of cr*p making my life a living hell...which I then proceeded to beat the living sh*t out of. :p

.NET and JAVA are like oranges and apples.

- Stupid conversion project. Stupid different operations for what looks like the same method. Poor me stuck with fixing stuff someone else left behind....

*signing off* (for now)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home