Just a regular old day...
Ok, today I had to do what I had to do. Wait. That doesn't sound right.
Today I did what I didn't do last week.
Still doesn't sound right. Might as well get straight to the point. :p
So today I renewed my license. I would have done it last week but certain commitments kept me from doing it (stupid work sked....)
So there I am at the Land Transportation Office, feeling quite lost. I mean, its been ages since I've been here. Everything looks different. The whole new "Mandatory Drug and Medical Test" is something I never had to do before...
So off I go to look for a clinic...and find 4 of them. I pick the one on the left. No big difference, I say. They're all clinics, I say. So I enter the clinic, fill up some forms, and then I'm asked to give a urine sample. Ok, I ask. Where's the washroom.
And she points to the urinal right behind me. Now, this wouldn't have bothered me much if the urinal actually had 4 walls and a door. But nooooo, its just a urinal. So the nurse/assistant patiently waits behind me while I do my "thing".
Thankfully, makapal mukha ko so I pay no attention to her and successfully return a sample to her. Another time and place, stripping in front of a girl would seem to be a rather "interesting" experience to say the least. But doing it in a small little clinic with other people just waiting in line is not my idea of "interesting".
Another (although not as "interesting" as the drug test) thing which bugged me today was paying for the drug test. "Ok sir, the bill for the test is 250 pesos. I give 300. She tells me they don't have any 50's. Please come back later...sheesh.
Ok so I go to the next test, the medical test. Pretty straightforward. Weight, height, eye exam. Then they tell me "50 pesos po." Riiiiight. Like I've GOT 50 pesos. If they gave me the change at the first stop, I MIGHT have had 50 pesos. They tell me sorry, no change for 100. So I have to wait for the next guy to pay his bill before I can get my change (which I'll have to bring to the other clinic to get my other change). >.< gaaaaah.
Ok, so I get my change(s) and head to the final counter to pay the renewal fee. I pay it and then they say "oops, we don't have any coins. can u give us change?"
Ok, while I'm not really complaining (too much) since they did finish all the processing in 1 hr (it used to take me 1/2 the day), they should have change for their bills. I mean, why would they make the bill "250" or "232" if they don't have any change if I give whole bills?
Again, on the plus side, I did finish what I didn't do last week. :p Which means I can still drive! Woohoo!
Today I did what I didn't do last week.
Still doesn't sound right. Might as well get straight to the point. :p
So today I renewed my license. I would have done it last week but certain commitments kept me from doing it (stupid work sked....)
So there I am at the Land Transportation Office, feeling quite lost. I mean, its been ages since I've been here. Everything looks different. The whole new "Mandatory Drug and Medical Test" is something I never had to do before...
So off I go to look for a clinic...and find 4 of them. I pick the one on the left. No big difference, I say. They're all clinics, I say. So I enter the clinic, fill up some forms, and then I'm asked to give a urine sample. Ok, I ask. Where's the washroom.
And she points to the urinal right behind me. Now, this wouldn't have bothered me much if the urinal actually had 4 walls and a door. But nooooo, its just a urinal. So the nurse/assistant patiently waits behind me while I do my "thing".
Thankfully, makapal mukha ko so I pay no attention to her and successfully return a sample to her. Another time and place, stripping in front of a girl would seem to be a rather "interesting" experience to say the least. But doing it in a small little clinic with other people just waiting in line is not my idea of "interesting".
Another (although not as "interesting" as the drug test) thing which bugged me today was paying for the drug test. "Ok sir, the bill for the test is 250 pesos. I give 300. She tells me they don't have any 50's. Please come back later...sheesh.
Ok so I go to the next test, the medical test. Pretty straightforward. Weight, height, eye exam. Then they tell me "50 pesos po." Riiiiight. Like I've GOT 50 pesos. If they gave me the change at the first stop, I MIGHT have had 50 pesos. They tell me sorry, no change for 100. So I have to wait for the next guy to pay his bill before I can get my change (which I'll have to bring to the other clinic to get my other change). >.< gaaaaah.
Ok, so I get my change(s) and head to the final counter to pay the renewal fee. I pay it and then they say "oops, we don't have any coins. can u give us change?"
Ok, while I'm not really complaining (too much) since they did finish all the processing in 1 hr (it used to take me 1/2 the day), they should have change for their bills. I mean, why would they make the bill "250" or "232" if they don't have any change if I give whole bills?
Again, on the plus side, I did finish what I didn't do last week. :p Which means I can still drive! Woohoo!
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home