Tuesday, November 02, 2004

The Grudge

All I can say is...

OMFG and all that is Holy!!! I can't believe a horror movie actually scared me.

Now you may be wondering why I thought this. First of all, I've been kinda all 'horrored' out with the horror movie genre. I mean, I truly believe that as long as you have your faith (whatever your religion may be), you are well defended against any supernatural stuff.

If that fails, there's always the options to try and give whatever's scaring you a good ass-whoopin'. ;)

But I digress. I just watched the movie last weekend (of all the times to watch it, a few nights before halloween) with my friends. We we all hyped about seeing how the movie was. I mean, surely it can't be as scary as the original? It's US made! Boy, how wrong we were.

The movie started off fine enough. Typical Japanese house. Kinda old and homey, but with a slight feeling of something 'off'. Anyway, as the movie progressed, things got creepier and creepier. Not 30 mins into the movie people were already screaming their heads off (i'd have screamed too but my sense of pride wouldn't let me).

I'll stop now before I start divulging spoliers about the movie. The entire movie itself was more shocking than actually scary. The scary part comes AFTER you leave the theater. All the events take place not in some scary haunted looking house but in EVERYDAY, NORMAL places where you wouldn't think you'd see anything supernatural.

To make a long story short, I'm still scared to walk around my OWN HOME at night in the dark. Sure I ignore the feeling and I know it's illogical to keep feeling scared. All I can say is "DAMN THAT MOVIE SURE ACCOMPLISHED ITS OBJECTIVE".

Now for the low points.

1.) Sat in front of the movie goers from hell. Why do I say this?
a> They kept on talking LOUDLY throughout the whole picture
b> They kept divulging what was going to happen throughout the whole picture.
c> They kept leaving their cell phones on LOUD and ANSWERING them in the middle of the picture.
On a side note, these movie goers from hell apparently were 'sosyal' pre-teens with nothing better to do than bother other movie goers. (What a contradiction. These 'sosyal' people turned out to be the most non-social people in the theater).

2.) I'm still shivering from the movie. Now this is just me. I like a good scare now and again but staying scared for 4 days is ridiculous. I'm gonna have to do something to get my mind off this (although something naughty comes to mind as the easiest form of distraction but this is a PG-rated blog so I'll just keep quiet about that. :p)

Brrr. If anyone wants a good scare, watch this at night, either alone or with friends, and TRY to get home without looking over your shoulder every 10 minutes. :p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home