Musings of a new Torontonian (1)
Today is the first day of the rest of my life. Or so I've been told. Unbelievable. As much as I like to write, its quite a shock to find out that I haven't posted a single entry here since becoming Canadian. But then again, finding an apartment, getting settled in and finding work all seem to have taken its toll on my free time. Couple that with the fact that a lot of the stuff I used to take for granted (Cleaning, cooking, laundry) take up a lot of whatever free time I DO get on the weekends. Thankfully, I have almost finished laundry and will soon start vacuuming the apartment.
As my first post in Toronto (where I live) I am listing some of the things I found out a little too late;
1.) Always have spare bulbs (no matter how small your apartment is, find SPACE to keep those spare bulbs). You never know when you might be going by flashlight (and trust me, its happened).
2.) Buildings are WARM, and I mean, toasty compared to the outside world. Dress wrongly and you may be warm and toasty outside but inside its gonna be a furnace (I have the medical bills to prove it too - i.e sweat + going back outside = flu).
3.) Bring AC adapters. Coming from the Philippines, we have appliances from all over. I mean, I have round AC plugs ( o o), flat AC plugs ( ) and 3-pronged AC plugs. I have to keep on switching the ONE adapter I brought between my iPAQ, PS2, and USB hard drive. Not pretty.
4.) You don't always need a day pass for public transportation. It's sometimes really simple and you only need 1 ticket (which is 1/4 the cost of the day pass). I lost quite a bit of money that way.
5.) Buy MOISTURIZER! You wouldn't believe how dry my skin is nowadays. I ALMOST miss the humidity. Almost.
And so ends one of the first musings I will be placing. Lets see if I can squeeze in a bit more blogging with all the work and stuff.
Ahh, the joys of living on your own.
As my first post in Toronto (where I live) I am listing some of the things I found out a little too late;
1.) Always have spare bulbs (no matter how small your apartment is, find SPACE to keep those spare bulbs). You never know when you might be going by flashlight (and trust me, its happened).
2.) Buildings are WARM, and I mean, toasty compared to the outside world. Dress wrongly and you may be warm and toasty outside but inside its gonna be a furnace (I have the medical bills to prove it too - i.e sweat + going back outside = flu).
3.) Bring AC adapters. Coming from the Philippines, we have appliances from all over. I mean, I have round AC plugs ( o o), flat AC plugs ( ) and 3-pronged AC plugs. I have to keep on switching the ONE adapter I brought between my iPAQ, PS2, and USB hard drive. Not pretty.
4.) You don't always need a day pass for public transportation. It's sometimes really simple and you only need 1 ticket (which is 1/4 the cost of the day pass). I lost quite a bit of money that way.
5.) Buy MOISTURIZER! You wouldn't believe how dry my skin is nowadays. I ALMOST miss the humidity. Almost.
And so ends one of the first musings I will be placing. Lets see if I can squeeze in a bit more blogging with all the work and stuff.
Ahh, the joys of living on your own.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home