Musings of a new Torontonian (2)
All new meaning to the term 'spit shine'
Nowadays, with having moved into my own apartment, my daily routine has always been (as oversimplified below)
1.) Wake-up
2.) Go to work
3.) Work
4.) Go home
5.) Go to bed.
Now today, my routine was given quite a shock.
On my way home from work, I take a seat as usual, passsing the time away listening to some tunes on my iPaq (no, it's not an iPod, however much I want one ...) and across from me is this guy who's polishing his boots. Now this normally wouldn't faze me much. I mean, he might be a cadet or something who just wanted to pass the time away polishing. Who am I to judge?
Anyway, so since he sits across me and the seat is facing him, I have little choice but to see the guy polishing. As I listen to my tunes, the guy stops polishing, stares at his boot, and thenLICKS the rag and starts polishing again. I'm like 'ARRRGH!!! I DID NOT SEE THAT!!' and all. Ok, maybe he just didnt' realize the rag had SHOE POLISH on it. But noooo, the guy LICKS it again ON THE SPOT WHERE THE SHOE POLISH IS ON THE RAG and starts polishing away. He then repeats the process for his other boot.
That definitely killed my appetite for dinner.
-------------------------------------------
On a lighter note, the Looney Toons are getting a makeover. Kinda like Queer Eye for the Looney guy (or something along the lines of that). A new show called Loonatics is going to air this fall. Basically these guys are descendants of the original Looney Toons (Bugs, Daffy, etc.) in the far future and they're superheroes of all things. Now I'm going to hold off judgement until I actually see an episode of this but the character designs are definitely...new. The styles remind me more of the Batman nimated series than the Looney Toons we all know and love. Sharp angles, kinda narrow and angry looking eyes, etc. We'll see how well it does with the new audience. Personally, I still love watching the classic Looney Toons (most of the time). It's humor that just gets the child in me.
Nowadays, with having moved into my own apartment, my daily routine has always been (as oversimplified below)
1.) Wake-up
2.) Go to work
3.) Work
4.) Go home
5.) Go to bed.
Now today, my routine was given quite a shock.
On my way home from work, I take a seat as usual, passsing the time away listening to some tunes on my iPaq (no, it's not an iPod, however much I want one ...) and across from me is this guy who's polishing his boots. Now this normally wouldn't faze me much. I mean, he might be a cadet or something who just wanted to pass the time away polishing. Who am I to judge?
Anyway, so since he sits across me and the seat is facing him, I have little choice but to see the guy polishing. As I listen to my tunes, the guy stops polishing, stares at his boot, and thenLICKS the rag and starts polishing again. I'm like 'ARRRGH!!! I DID NOT SEE THAT!!' and all. Ok, maybe he just didnt' realize the rag had SHOE POLISH on it. But noooo, the guy LICKS it again ON THE SPOT WHERE THE SHOE POLISH IS ON THE RAG and starts polishing away. He then repeats the process for his other boot.
That definitely killed my appetite for dinner.
-------------------------------------------
On a lighter note, the Looney Toons are getting a makeover. Kinda like Queer Eye for the Looney guy (or something along the lines of that). A new show called Loonatics is going to air this fall. Basically these guys are descendants of the original Looney Toons (Bugs, Daffy, etc.) in the far future and they're superheroes of all things. Now I'm going to hold off judgement until I actually see an episode of this but the character designs are definitely...new. The styles remind me more of the Batman nimated series than the Looney Toons we all know and love. Sharp angles, kinda narrow and angry looking eyes, etc. We'll see how well it does with the new audience. Personally, I still love watching the classic Looney Toons (most of the time). It's humor that just gets the child in me.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home