Tuesday, April 19, 2005

New Pope today

Today I was walking by the gym and happened to see the TV showing the new Pope, Pope Benedict XVI. Now I have to be thankful for that TV. If it weren't for that, I'd have no idea until later tonight.

It's good that they've finally decided on a new Pope. At least now the Catholic Church has a head once again.

On a side note, I visited the blog of Punzi and he mentions a prophecy of St. Malachy here which details the end of the world with the reign of a 'Peter the Roman' (probably a reference to a future Pope Peter?). Prior to the reign of this 'Peter the Roman' is a Pope supposedly from the Benedictine order. I guess being named Pope Benedict is close enough :p Read the link for more info. An interesting article but one which one shouldn't take too seriously I suppose.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home