What have I gotten myself into?
Ok. I know I just recently moved to Toronto but some of the things I've seen have given my quite the laugh. I mean, and I thought the Philippines had wierd/funny names or phrases but here are a few which have made my transition to Torontonian a little bit easier:
1.) "Let me kick you in the nuts and lets see how calm you get!" - Spoken by an officemate to someone who was trying to calm said person down after a particularly bad meeting.
2.) Ho Lee Chow - The name of a restaurant chain.
3.) "Penis : Nature's answer to the dildo." - Found on a Canadian's blog.
4.) Condom shack - A store a few blocks away from my place ^_^;;;
5.) Gold Ribbon - A Bakery / Cafe (anyone can tell me if this sounds familiar? :p)
Thats about all my mind can remember at the moment. I've been assigned work thats going to kill my night life and whatever remains of my braincells :p Will post more when/if I remember them (I know I saw them...I just wish I could remember...)
1.) "Let me kick you in the nuts and lets see how calm you get!" - Spoken by an officemate to someone who was trying to calm said person down after a particularly bad meeting.
2.) Ho Lee Chow - The name of a restaurant chain.
3.) "Penis : Nature's answer to the dildo." - Found on a Canadian's blog.
4.) Condom shack - A store a few blocks away from my place ^_^;;;
5.) Gold Ribbon - A Bakery / Cafe (anyone can tell me if this sounds familiar? :p)
Thats about all my mind can remember at the moment. I've been assigned work thats going to kill my night life and whatever remains of my braincells :p Will post more when/if I remember them (I know I saw them...I just wish I could remember...)
4 Comments:
i guess each country has its own quirks. :)
hey dude, an agency did an assessment on me and said i was a good candidate for immigration there. where ba ok mag work dyan?
wytchgurl
Well in Japan, there are vending machines for condoms...
here are some stupid names in singapore:
"Tang, Lee Nah" - an officemate hehe
"Kang Choo Tan" - airport official. Handling the Singapore-Manila flight. Naturally, the pinoys were laughing and the poor sap had not a clue.
they call Hooters in singapore, Hooties... Maybe for "little hooters"? hehe
Punzi- hehe in Japan, they even have vendos for used panties!
Post a Comment
<< Home