Niagara Falls: Timeless beauty
No matter how many times I visit the falls, I am always amazed by the beauty and splendor. Last Aug. 27 was my 4th visit to the falls.
5:30 AM - Woke up for the trip. Everyone wanted to meet in Mississauga (which is a good hour from where I live) at 8:30 am so no choice but to wake up early. On a side note, the bus I normally take DOES NOT run on Saturdays :( so I had to find an alternate means of transportation. Spent about 40 CDN$ on the taxi (good grief) but all in all its just money. I'll be spending the day with friends so its all worth it.
8:20 AM - Arrived at Mississauga. Spent about 20 minutes waiting for the rest to show up. What did I learn here? iPod is my friend. :p The trip to Niagara was pretty uneventful. Chatted a lot, got lost for a bit :p but overall a really fun ride.

10 AM - Arrived at Niagara-on-the-lake, a quaint little town with quite the retro feel to it. A lot of old buildings (the town clock is always a sight to see), a cozy little theater, horse drawn carriages, name it its probably there. We walked quite a bit around the town, snapping up photos where we went. For the first time, I felt camera envy when I compared my small (but resilient) Canon S50 against SLRs from Nikon (both regular and digital versions) which could fit awesome lenses. I try to tell myself its not in the size, but in how you use it :p After a hearty lunch (I had a Souvlaki dinner...for lunch no less ^_^;;;) and buying several bars of Niagara fudge (hey, its good fudge!), we then proceeded to head to the falls, the main event of the whole day.

1:45 PM - Finishing lunch at around 1:30, the drive back to the falls from the town took little more than 15 minutes. However, we had to park quite a ways out since a LOT of people were there for the weekend. We walked quite a bit to actually get to the falls so I was able to take a couple of shots of the scenery (which still takes my breath away).


4:00 PM - By this time, we were all tired out from walking around the area. There's simply too much to see in just one day (a weekend is a good time to spend but not more, I think). I definitely will have to come back again some time. :)
5:30 AM - Woke up for the trip. Everyone wanted to meet in Mississauga (which is a good hour from where I live) at 8:30 am so no choice but to wake up early. On a side note, the bus I normally take DOES NOT run on Saturdays :( so I had to find an alternate means of transportation. Spent about 40 CDN$ on the taxi (good grief) but all in all its just money. I'll be spending the day with friends so its all worth it.
8:20 AM - Arrived at Mississauga. Spent about 20 minutes waiting for the rest to show up. What did I learn here? iPod is my friend. :p The trip to Niagara was pretty uneventful. Chatted a lot, got lost for a bit :p but overall a really fun ride.
10 AM - Arrived at Niagara-on-the-lake, a quaint little town with quite the retro feel to it. A lot of old buildings (the town clock is always a sight to see), a cozy little theater, horse drawn carriages, name it its probably there. We walked quite a bit around the town, snapping up photos where we went. For the first time, I felt camera envy when I compared my small (but resilient) Canon S50 against SLRs from Nikon (both regular and digital versions) which could fit awesome lenses. I try to tell myself its not in the size, but in how you use it :p After a hearty lunch (I had a Souvlaki dinner...for lunch no less ^_^;;;) and buying several bars of Niagara fudge (hey, its good fudge!), we then proceeded to head to the falls, the main event of the whole day.
1:45 PM - Finishing lunch at around 1:30, the drive back to the falls from the town took little more than 15 minutes. However, we had to park quite a ways out since a LOT of people were there for the weekend. We walked quite a bit to actually get to the falls so I was able to take a couple of shots of the scenery (which still takes my breath away).

4:00 PM - By this time, we were all tired out from walking around the area. There's simply too much to see in just one day (a weekend is a good time to spend but not more, I think). I definitely will have to come back again some time. :)
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home