Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Vacation Dayz

Part 2: Return of the Sith Fil-Can

I'm back with another fun filled entry (or so I tell myself). We last left our hero at a family lunch yukking it up with aunts, uncles and cousins.

God I missed them.

Anyway, the lunch was held at a pretty swanky Chinese restaurant at the Shangri-La hotel (hey, its my birthday). Having just gotten off the plane just before noon, I had just enough time to change into something presentable (no way am I showing up at that place with just jeans and sneakers :p) Food, as usual, was fantastic. One major reason I have such a hard time losing weight back home.

Needless to say I gorged myself and it was good. Still, catching up with everyone took up most of the day.

The next few days had me scheduling lunch/dinners with my former co-workers. For this, we went to the Ayala malls in Makati and man, those things are still just as packed (with cute girls) as I remember. Ahh, the memories.

On a side note, the Greenbelt 3 foodcourt that used to be my staple a year ago had closed down. Guess in the end they couldn't compete with the sheer number of restaurants. I mean, I can understand. Rent prices there are horrendously high and for the price of their meals, just add a few more bucks and you could eat at a real restaurant. It was just a matter of time, I suppose. Change always comes when we least expect it.

Back to the food. I tried this Indian buffet place in GB3 (Greenbelt 3, for the uninitiated) which was so-so. I mean, the ambiance was fine, sure but for that price I expected to be served food fit for a King (or Sultan). Sadly, the variety was lacking. I've eaten at restaurants close to my condo here in Toronto that had much better variety of food (and better tasting too).

Next restaurant on my list was TGIF. Typically American food in my opinion but to be honest, I really haven't eaten much American food here in Toronto (with my exercise and all, no way I wanna supersize 'me'). Overall, we still stuffed ourselves silly, chatted a bit, the usual stuff friends do.

But enough about food. Can't let you all think thats all I did, right? The other stuff took place with my college buddies. We decided on playing with airguns (think paintball but with MUCH MORE realistic looking guns firing little plastic pellets). Here in Toronto the stuff's pretty much banned after some kid died getting shot in the head or something. Now don't get me wrong, I feel sorry for the kid and stuff but this is NOT a kids toy. These guns WILL hurt and they can puncture a soda can at 10 meters (avg. distance is 30 meteres before they lose accuracy). At 10-20 meters these shots can leave hickeys which last for a few days (kinda like real hickeys).

Anyway, I don't know how these things are played here in North America but back home it was wicked! Everyone was decked out in camoflauge uniform, army helmet, vest, combat boots, etc. Real combat gear. Heck, some even brought laser targetting and lights. Just to let the uninformed know, everyone is REQUIERED to wear headgear and the facemask for protection. No one is ALLOWED on the field of combat without those. All other gear (vest, boots, etc) are all optional but still fun to wear ;)

We had 2 campaigns during our stay in Antipolo. The first one took place in an abandoned hotel/hospital (It was a hospital converted to a hotel then abandoned) with the counter-terrorist storming the building and the terrorists defending. 2nd Campaign was pop the condom (hey, I don't make up the names :p) which was basically a modified capture the flag. A 'condom' (or in this case a plastic bag filled with water) is hanging in the base which one side has to defend while the other has to 'pop'. Suffice to say here I crawled through 4 ft. reeds, rolled in the dirt and sniped with the best of them, all with my baby Ak-47.

I cannot even begin to explain all the fun I had with those games. I'm really quite sad I can't do it over here in Toronto, what with the lack of any clubs and difficulty importing the guns and stuff (of course, my condo is small too, so I can't really keep much stuff anyway :p) At least now I know what I want to do whenever I visit. :p

So there, that's been my 1st week of vacation in the Philippines. Pretty tiring considering I wanted a vacation to relax :p. The second week, I will not write for fear of incriminating myself :p (but they will be available on eBay under 'The Very Secret Diaries of Gimikero Wannabe all for the low low price of 5$ ^_- )

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home