Monday, December 05, 2005

'Holiday' Party (-_-)

Ok, before I go about how fun the office Christmas Holiday party, I just have to rant about it.

Now, I know I'm a relative newbie to Canada and its customs, etc. but apparently "Christmas" is a forbidden word around here. I mean, you can't greet anyone "Merry Christmas" anymore because you might offend some other culture. You have to greet them "Happy Holidays" instead.

Ok, I'm all for tolerance and acceptance but THAT sounded just stupid. Granted I don't know how people greet others here during the other religious holidays (Do people greet each other 'Blessed Ramadan', or 'Holy Visakah Puja'?) but if they're going to do that, they might as well call EVERY holiday "Happy Holiday" since I'm sure they'll step on someone else's toes...gaaah!

But I digress.

The Christmas Holiday party was so much fun. The invitation basically said semi-formal but everyone just dressed up for the occasion. I mean, how often do you get 300+ consultants together to party? ;)

Anyway, the party started off with a presentation by a hollywood dance troupe which was pretty cool, considering the theme for the night was 'Hollywood'. Food was also nice. All cocktail food really but still, buffet at the Marriott? ^_^ Ahhh.

Dinner was followed up by a dance party. DJ played a lot of cool tunes (and some old ones suprisingly) so it was a blast. My date and I danced the night away with the rest of the crowd. I have to say there were a LOT of pretty faces that night. Worst thing is I never met them before that night...geez...we really ARE a big company.

The party started to wind down at around 12MN but we still kept dancing. =p Overall I had a lot of fun. I can't wait for next year's party ^_^

Other highlights of the day:

1.) Rented a car for the day. Why? Because I can't afford to buy one at the moment (my condo has no parking) and because I realized how much I missed driving. ;)

2.) Internet finally got hooked up today. At last I can check my EMAIL! (and browse pr0n blogs)

Stay tuned. Next entry talks about the 'joys' of moving.

Later days

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home