And yet another long hiatus from my blog. Guess writing my short stories takes away more time than I imagined.
First of all, a mini-rant.
What the HELL is up with www.blogspot.com? Some Christian site saying I'm a sinner? Jeez. They sure know how to capture a market don't they? Imagine...all future bloggers will be told they're sinners if they enter the wrong URL. An honest mistake, really. I mean, last time I checked my blog is on *.blogspot.com. I expected blogspot.com to be the homepage.
Aaaaanyway, I've ranted enough about that.
Over the weekend, I came from two festivals which were held in downtown Toronto. First was the Taste of Danforth, a Greek festival which is held every year on...the Danforth (very imaginative name *rolls eyes*). Before people start flaming me, I agree the name does make sense. Danforth seems to be the Greek section of the city with tons of Greek stuff (food, music, and very pretty girls I might add). All over you find Baklava, Souvlaki, Pitas, and other Greek food which gets tiring after a while (after all, seeing one Souvlaki stand after another takes its toll even on the black hole known as my stomach).
The festival, I've been told, has since then expanded slightly to include other food varieties. I found a burger joint, a Japanese place, an Indian booth, a Thai booth, and a Spanish booth (which all had shops along Danforth anyway so they're worth a look).
The one which left the biggest impression on me was the Spanish tapas restaurant (which can be found just near the corner of Broadview and Danforth). They had Paella which was sooo good (compared to the watered down crap that I had at another place: I'm not joking. It was rice and sauce. >_<). Nothing beats the Paella I had back home, of course, but it's a good substitute till I fly back in December.
Another treat I had was roasted corn on the cob. I've always eaten it steamed but roasted was pretty good too. And the fresh coconut juice (in the shell, I might add) was a thirst quencher.
The other festival, which I'm only mentioning since I went there, was the Hot and Spicy festival. Pretty dead compared to the Taste of Danforth. I mean, 2/3 of the stalls were people selling goods (half of them were spice stalls, which was to be expected, and the other half were trinkets).
The remaining 1/3 was made up of food vendors that had lines so long I was too lazy to line up. And with the ones who had smaller lines, by the time I got to the front they told me that all lunch dishes were still unavailable. I was hungry so I bid my farewell (silently cursing myself for walking all the way to Harbourfront) and headed back to Danforth for some well deserved lovin'.
All in all, it was a fun weekend. Got a mild sunburn/tan which unfortunately is ugly due to the fact I was wearing a shirt and jeans, hence not worth showing off :p
Next week I head to the Taiwan festival. Hopefully they'll have a better lineup than the Hot and Spicy festival.
First of all, a mini-rant.
What the HELL is up with www.blogspot.com? Some Christian site saying I'm a sinner? Jeez. They sure know how to capture a market don't they? Imagine...all future bloggers will be told they're sinners if they enter the wrong URL. An honest mistake, really. I mean, last time I checked my blog is on *.blogspot.com. I expected blogspot.com to be the homepage.
Aaaaanyway, I've ranted enough about that.
Over the weekend, I came from two festivals which were held in downtown Toronto. First was the Taste of Danforth, a Greek festival which is held every year on...the Danforth (very imaginative name *rolls eyes*). Before people start flaming me, I agree the name does make sense. Danforth seems to be the Greek section of the city with tons of Greek stuff (food, music, and very pretty girls I might add). All over you find Baklava, Souvlaki, Pitas, and other Greek food which gets tiring after a while (after all, seeing one Souvlaki stand after another takes its toll even on the black hole known as my stomach).
The festival, I've been told, has since then expanded slightly to include other food varieties. I found a burger joint, a Japanese place, an Indian booth, a Thai booth, and a Spanish booth (which all had shops along Danforth anyway so they're worth a look).
The one which left the biggest impression on me was the Spanish tapas restaurant (which can be found just near the corner of Broadview and Danforth). They had Paella which was sooo good (compared to the watered down crap that I had at another place: I'm not joking. It was rice and sauce. >_<). Nothing beats the Paella I had back home, of course, but it's a good substitute till I fly back in December.
Another treat I had was roasted corn on the cob. I've always eaten it steamed but roasted was pretty good too. And the fresh coconut juice (in the shell, I might add) was a thirst quencher.
The other festival, which I'm only mentioning since I went there, was the Hot and Spicy festival. Pretty dead compared to the Taste of Danforth. I mean, 2/3 of the stalls were people selling goods (half of them were spice stalls, which was to be expected, and the other half were trinkets).
The remaining 1/3 was made up of food vendors that had lines so long I was too lazy to line up. And with the ones who had smaller lines, by the time I got to the front they told me that all lunch dishes were still unavailable. I was hungry so I bid my farewell (silently cursing myself for walking all the way to Harbourfront) and headed back to Danforth for some well deserved lovin'.
All in all, it was a fun weekend. Got a mild sunburn/tan which unfortunately is ugly due to the fact I was wearing a shirt and jeans, hence not worth showing off :p
Next week I head to the Taiwan festival. Hopefully they'll have a better lineup than the Hot and Spicy festival.
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home